Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Sight Seeing

While stopped at a red light more than 3 miles into our run, I noticed I wasn't particularly sweaty, and I most definitely was not out of breath. I don't know if that means I'm well conditioned for the route I took, or if I really wasn't trying very hard today. Either way, I was almost finished, and I wouldn't have changed anything along the way had I noticed my ease earlier! Besides, right after my self assessment, Elly noticed something cool that took my attention. Check it out!
Now, I know very little about birds, but I did figure out this was a hawk. Of some sort (which is a step up from most of my bird identification: "Pretty."). This hawk was actually on the grass until we got too close which is when it took off with a good swoosh  of its very, large wings. That swoosh scared the crap out of Elly (which was funny). Fortunately for me, it landed nearby so I could still see it and take its picture until it was bored with me.

This is Elly either checking it out from the distance or wondering where on the grass it still was:
She looks so smart with her ears all perked up.
In addition to our hawk sighting, I also spied with my little eye ...
Often, it's the perfection of the coin's circle that tips me off
to the treasure lingering around me.
And, this is what Elly looks like when patiently waiting for me to pick up coins:
"Are we crossing? Are we changing directions? Just what are
we doing here? I'm so confused."
Between the gross nickel, its nearby penny friend and two other pennies, well, that's twice as many pennies as miles equalling a great run in my book no matter how sweaty I was. Or, was not.
One of those pennies has lived a very, hard life.
Tomorrow is supposed to be shivery-cold all day which means the morning is big-time-Brrr! I'll be putting my money where my mouth is about running in those temps, huh?! It's been a quite a while since having to do so, so it will be an adventure! I'll see you after braving the tundra!

No comments:

Post a Comment