Sunday, December 9, 2012

Bring On the Jingle Jangle!

Yesterday's Jingle Bell Run was jingle-tastic from beginning to end! With awesome, festive hats and lots of jingle bells on my shoes, it was a great outing! Come along with me!
We arrived at the start all decked out and ready to enjoy the
always-festive atmosphere of this run! If I've not said it before,
I must note this is by far my favorite 5K. It helps that I love
Christmas. And the cold. And our headwear.
We love scouting out everyone's pick for
holiday wear! Being big fans of p.j.'s, these
guys caught our eyes! It was 42 degrees at
the start, though, so you just know how
nasty these fleece jammies were by the end!
Just sayin'.
It's not often a Clone warrior hits the streets for a run. It might
not be festive, but it was awesome.
Elf made an appearance.
This was among the many custom shirts.
I hate tinsel (childhood issues), but I loved
this crew of shirts!
Among the many Santa hats and antlers, I was continually
drawn to these. 'Love the boing factor!
'Can't have a run without Frosty, right? His
costume was musical ... threw out the tunes
as he blew by you passing you en route.
Frosty was fast.
Who doesn't love the Grinch? I've felt like him on a run or two.
Thankfully not this run, but I can relate. In fact, I might relate
to that attitude tomorrow morning. One never knows.
Clearly, I wasn't in touch with my inner Grinch this day, though.
The Crew had gone to a coffee shop on the route and came out
to cheer when they saw me coming. That calls for breaking out
into dance!
This went on for longer than you might think. It was awesome.
Seeing the Crew also called for showing the love.
Okay, you know that "Worst Parade Ever" sign that always
shows up at the Half Marathons? I'm thinking this run should
be showcased as something of a great parade ... there was
always something fun to look at!
This was our favorite of the dogs (way behind Elly, of course,
because this dog is wearing the costume, not wearing the jockey
wearing the costume. Not every dog can be as cool as Elly,
though.).
It was another great event! I loved the course, and while I would
have liked weather that required use of my candy cane gloves, I
can't complain! Oh, and as a report, this hat was fabulous ...
totally stayed on without any issue! And, it's so cute!
There they are again!! Our extraordinary second grade
teachers-turned-friends! It's their third 5K in 4 months!! Wahoo!
This run did not disappoint in the Food Bank stash! I found one
right before the finish line and one right after!
Elly experienced a few rounds of disappointment
when she not only didn't get to join me, but she
also had to stay in the car when the Crew went
in to the coffee shop. (The nerve!) Extra huggin'
seemed to squeeze the bummers out of her.
Awwww ... indeed, I believe in love and that gushy stuff.
Arthritis greatly affects a number of people I love. There's not one time I've participated in this particular 5K where I've not said prayers of thanks for the ability to run when others who want to can't (or even those who don't want to but couldn't if they did). I'm so very thankful for my health. This run brings that to the forefront.
 
That wraps up another outstanding jingle through town! The temps are taking a plunge, so tomorrow's run should call for the candy cane gloves! I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment