Sunday, December 30, 2012

In It Together

As I wrote this entry, I originally had the following paragraph as my conclusion. After writing, though, it was clear it belonged at the beginning:

It's difficult to put into words exactly how this running thing is woven into our family in such a way that it's actually about all of us. From running together, to cheering me for official-training-just running runs, to avoiding me because I'm too sweaty to hug, to making signs, to all of us doing an official run, to deeming all money found on runs goes to the Food Bank no matter who finds the money, to committing the time to be together (and, who would have ever guessed our family would run in the first place much less together?!) ... yeah, it turns out running, of all unforeseeable things, has changed us all for the better.
 
That's what 750 miles is made of.
That's quite a Crew. For real.
These 750 miles were made up of big runs, small runs, bits and pieces and, always, a story. Now that you've read the end, here is today's story from the beginning:

Today's run as a whole was excellent. I won't lie, it was mostly excellent because it was short (only 2 miles today!), and because I knew I had a stretch of resting a'coming! The last run before a week of rest both hurts -- because my body's ready for some down time -- and, rules -- because my body is ready for some down time!

Today's run was exactly that, but it was made better having everyone with me. PC#3 provided some entertainment not only in his running style (where he'd periodically make his feet kick his own butt just because he could) but also by quoting many of his favorite moments from Christmas Vacation. There's nothing quite like running along and, out of nowhere, hearing someone say, "What's that smell? ... Fried Pussycat!"

Have I mentioned it's difficult to run when giggling? Just sayin'.

I know I've also mentioned how much I love the cold, snow and Snoopy, so passing by this sign made me all kinds of happy:
Snow is in tomorrow's forecast, too!!
In other happy news, I scored big for the Food Bank. Check - It - Out!
That's right! Not one but two quarters a mile apart from each
other!! Ba-da-bingggg !!
And, including my stash, here's what was found by the Crew as a whole:
It's that sum-of-the-parts-is-greater-than-the-parts-alone thing!
Yes, I had a goal in mind, but, today was all about crossing the finish together !
Congratulatory group hug!
With that, we wrap up the year with nothing on the agenda but relaxing! I'll see you tomorrow with a peek backward!

No comments:

Post a Comment