Friday, September 7, 2012

What I've Learned

What's pretty cool about the human brain and spirit is that no matter how much we know, there is a huge capacity to keep learning. Thank you for coming along with me on yesterday's journey of what I believe I know. Allow me to share what I've learned along the way.

I've learned:

- that something like picking up a coin is double the fun when it is tagged with a purpose!
Let's hear it for more for the Food Bank!
- that my usual desire to run without talking doesn't preclude me from having a running friend!
She might be mildly annoying along the way sometimes, but
the girl knows how to celebrate a finish!
- that by not taking myself too seriously, I can inspire someone else to enjoy the same benefits and fun! For instance:
I'm so crazy proud ...
... and ...
... of both of them!
- that I can be inspired to be a better person from those who pour their heart and soul into supporting someone else's efforts and achievements whether they've ever wanted to do the same or not:
You've never heard someone cheer so loud for someone doing
something he never had interest in doing. That is heart!
- most recently that using fancy-schmancy shoestrings in my running shoes makes me woefully procrastinate their transition into becoming my every day shoes:
Oh my GOSH I've needed to ditch my walking-around shoes
for weeks!! But, nooooo ... it seems it took too much effort to
swap out the purple shoestrings. So, I can run many miles, but
I'm too lazy to spend 5 minutes changing the shoestrings.
Yeah, that adds up ...
And, the above all had to start somewhere. And, that somewhere is to learn -- and put into motion -- that two of the best gifts you can give to yourself are to believe in yourself and be nice to yourself. Period.

See you on tomorrow's Rest Day. Have a great FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment