Monday, September 24, 2012

Treasures and Turkey

Is this a Monday face or what?
You'd think she had no interest in joining me this morning. But, once I grabbed the leash, she was up and at 'em!!
Out of focus pic proving that one of us
at least makes an attempt to stretch ...
Annnnnd ... READY!
I was more than happy to utilize my fallback puppy pace this morning after yesterday's long run. In fact, for the first mile, I realized that -- for me -- it's not the 10-mile run that's as wow-able as it is the 4-miler the next day. Ouchie.

That first mile hurt. I'm not even going to pretend like it didn't. I thought back to my recent readings about how good for your muscles it is to have that shorter shake-out run following a long one, and I also thought about how many times I've very successfully used this schedule. Coupled with a wee bit of feeling sorry for myself up the hill wrapping up that first mile, and I got through the hard part. The rest was most definitely more enjoyable!

The rest was also mighty profitable! Look at the ultimate stash!
BB's a-go-go, three pennies, a dime AND a token to
Chuck E. Cheese ... that's quite a stash!
BUT, was that the most exciting part of the outing? Um, noooo ... there we were just into the last mile when Elly's ears went straight up (as they go) and she kept pulling me to the left. Well, that pull is not a great idea because she's working on pulling us across four lanes of traffic. Not cool. Fortunately, while persistent, she's also mighty compliant which means her ears stayed up but her tugging stopped. I followed her targeted gaze to see ... THIS!
As soon as I saw it, I announced (to Elly, I suppose), "It's a TURKEY!" I was so excited because when does that ever happen? (Never!) Check him out!
I now must confess that I had to finish my run then get in the car and head back to where I saw him because I didn't take my camera!! (Stupid no-pocket shorty pants!!! I have to do something about that!)

Pop quiz: What gets me cruising at the end of a run? Answer: Wanting a picture of a turkey! Elly and I rocked that last mile, I bolted into the house, grabbed the camera and PC#3 and headed right back to where he still was! Hooray!

Fabulous!

After the photo shoot, we headed back home for real. Celebratory pics ensued:
"Totally could have taken that bad boy
down if you'd just said the word, mommy."
(She looks mighty regal here, doesn't she?)
It turns out my thinks-she's-hard-core
pooch is a lover not a fighter ...
It's most definitely time to rest for a day! I hope your Monday started off with some fun surprises, too, and I'll see you on Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment