Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beat the Rain!

It was out of the kitchen (I know ... better recipe next time!!) and back to the running today! I was a bit bummed when I got up this morning because of the promise for on-again-off-again showers. At that point, we were on-again which only means one thing: The Dreadmill. Aaron was kind enough to pull it out and set it up for me, but I was sooooo hoping I could avoid using it!!

A little more time passed before I was ready to run, and the rain stopped. See?!
That was a good amount of rain, and I don't really care to run
outside when that's coming down. I might not melt, but my
shoes would get all ick.
I'm just being artsy on this one. You gotta have fun.
Hooray! I an outside run was in order! At least, I was hopeful. See what I was trying to avoid?
Yikes. That shows some promise of upsetting an outside run!
Without a whole lot of thinking, Elly and I just took off. I was determined to get this run in outside and figured both Elly and I would dry off if need be. It was a 4-mile morning, and doing that on the treadmill is just plain nasty.

Off we went on a very humid-but-outside run! It was mostly uneventful. I found a BB (yay!) and almost rolled my ankle on the sidewalk (boo!), but, other than that, it was an out-and-back getting the job done and moving on!

Before wrapping it up, it was time to be the Pit Crew for a very wet-underbelly Elly:
So soggy when so low to the ground.
"After the pat-n-dry, give the ol' ears a scratch, would you?"
With the dog all rebeautified, it was time for us to head home because this girl could use a shower:
I am such a baby about humidity and have
not been missing it at all. This morning, I
got a heaping dose of reminder. Eww. A
shower was in short order!
Elly's ready to go, but she also seems to be confused as to how seats work:
"What?"
It's a short one tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it and will see you afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment