Saturday, September 22, 2012

Regret Nothing

Okay, so on this eve of running my first 10-miler in my training schedule, I woke up to an email from my friend (running her first Half in December) joyfully announcing she'd just run her first 10-miler!! THAT CALLS FOR A CELEBRATORY SHOUT OUT!!! WAY TO GO, MARY KATE!!!

I will be thinking about her when I'm out for mine tomorrow!! And, as hard as it sometimes feels throughout a Rest Day to realize the next day holds double-digit miles, the I Love To Run Facebook page yet again offers up a great nugget of inspiration. Check it out:
Crazy true. I'm really not sure how the folks over at the ILTR Facebook page keep posting exactly what I can use, but I'm diggin' it!

By the way, today was the run of the Half I did last September. PC#2 asked if I was sorry I didn't run it. Ummm ... noooooo ... never mind the fact that I am so totally stoked to participate in one of the Rock 'n' Roll series runs (and have wanted to do so since first seeing their ad in my very first Runner's World magazine in 2010), but let's not forget last September's Half was an event hosting 2 water stations over the 13.1 miles, volunteers who didn't know the direction of the course and the event staff running out of finisher's medals. Ummm ... not sorry at all. But, I did get some cool pics out of it. Like this one:
There I am cruising along in pink! Ponytail flyin'. Sweat pouring
in the humidity. Questioning my sanity. I love this pic. For real.
I have to mention, though, for all of the very sad (which is another word for pathetic) issues of the event planning and execution, I have to say I was still proud to participate. And, finish. And, eventually get my medal. They just don't get my money anymore. Just sayin'.

No regrets whatsoever.

So, to get to the big finish again in an event I've been eyeballing for two years (so totally psyched!!), I'll head out tomorrow to begin the double digits! That's the only way to make it happen -- Just Keep Going!! Congratulations again to my AMAZING friend, and I'll see you after my morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment