Monday, September 3, 2012

Not Quite a Day Off

Training for an upcoming run does not take a holiday off. BUT, as it was a day off for everyone, I, of course, decided it was a good day for a GREAT idea! And, we all know what that means ... Aaron especially knows what that means!

With the mere suggestion of joining me on this morning's run, Aaron was all about it. At least, if he wasn't, he pretended to be because that's the kind of guy he is! It's always fun to go out with him and knock those miles out with some talk time also banked! Everyone should have a partner to join in the effort now and then! But, I recommend that only if you can find someone who is as awesome as mine!

When we finished our miles (Was it just me, or did the temperature go up significantly while we were out there? It wasn't just me ...), the pup had no time for the puparazzi time:
"I've gone places, and I've done things.
Now, bring on the a/c!!!"
We, of course, had to document our finish, though:
We're a wee bit wet ... eww ...
I'm a girl who likes choices, so I said, "Let's take one more real quick." I was a little sorry about that:
Double Ewww his whole head is wet and it hit my face!! Gross!
By the way, I tip my hat to all of the participants of the annual Heart of America Marathon that went on today! We saw some of the runners when we went out for a bagel. This particular course has been noted in Runner's World magazine as one of the most difficult in the area. I totally believe that. I can't even imagine what it takes to train for a marathon to take place on Labor Day. That's impressive!!

With that, it's time to check out the week's plan. Weeks with holidays always mess me up because I forget what day it is and what I'm supposed to do. But, with a couple of double-checks of the ol' calendar, I see that tomorrow is Rest Day!! Lizzy's already on it ...
... I shall partake tomorrow! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment