Monday, September 17, 2012

All About You

I've so enjoyed having bonus Rest Day today that even my mind wandered off! While thoroughly enjoying that, I know I need to plug it in by tomorrow to get ready for Wednesday. Keeping my commitment to run at least on the edge of my brain on a Rest Day keeps it where it needs to be so I am motivated to get back out there and keep on going. (Already-paid entry fees for upcoming runs most definitely aids in that motivation, too, you know!)

In the meantime, check this out from the I Love To Run Facebook page ... Does any of this sound familiar to you??
That first step out is hard!! That's why you read about me complaining about it so much. But, when it comes down to it, I'm always so glad that I did. Besides, who doesn't want to embrace their inner super hero self? Or, as I've often likened crossing a big finish line, feeling like a Rock Star. (If I take my pony tail down, I even have the look for an 80s hair band ... especially when it's humid.)

I liked this quote, too, because it drives home exactly what I believe: It's not about anyone else or about what anyone else thinks. It's about you and what you want. And, that's pretty cool to me.

I'll see you on regular Rest Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment