Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet 16

I've been debating for a couple of days now as to whether I have a cold or if I have the sudden-temperature-shift allergies. They mimic each other, and that confuses me, so I spent my run this morning pondering which it is. As I was taking survey of my symptoms (and how they were or were not affecting me), I felt water run straight down the side of each eyeball and continue on down my cheeks. I literally felt each drop jump from my eye sockets on to my skin. Gross or cool, I will tell you it's an excellent distractor if you need something fun to ponder while running. Anyway, I'm no doctor, so I'm betting that wasn't sweat (but wouldn't that be weird if your eyeballs could sweat?). I chalked it up to the itchy-watery-eye syndrome of allergies and carried on.

With a runny nose, watery eyes the usual post-run sweat, Elly had a lot to be excited about when I returned. While I'd not yet landed on my decision regarding "gross or cool", Elly wasted no time casting her vote of Yum.

Sixteen (point one) miles remain. Sweeeeeeeeet

No comments:

Post a Comment