Monday, September 26, 2011

Back To It

It's Monday and time to hit the ground running after Rest Week (which, again, is awesome). But, it's time to restart, so off we went!
Elly had ants in her pants waiting to get out of the car and go!
It was a fabulous 49 degrees -- which poses the clothing dilemma ... shorts ... carpri pants (that I like to call shorty pants) ... I chose shorty pants for no other reason than because I like to say "shorty pants", and off we went! I decided the route I wanted to run, but it was new, and I did not clock it ahead of time. I wanted to be surprised. (sometimes, though, those surprises stink ... like when you just know you've run 5 miles and it wasn't even 2 ...) Anyway, I chose to roll the dice and see what happened.

After a half-mile warm-up walk (I knew Elly was going to be in the mood for taking care of business ... why get a groove only to foreseeably stop?), then we took off. I couldn't get over how fabulous the temperature was and how fun it was to see some of the trees just start to show their fall colors! Both Elly and I had spring in our many steps, and I felt very cool running by a "your speed is" sign to see it bounce between 6 and 7 mph (I looked, and there was no one behind me, so that was actually me) ... and I wasn't even going down hill! I'm usually a 5-er, so that was fun. I am not gunning for that, it was just fun. And, to continue the saga, my left purple shoe is annoying me, but the right one is great. Just like the last pair. Really? Just one? *sigh*

No matter, we finished, and it felt great! Or, so I thought ... we got home, Elly had some water and promptly threw up all over the kitchen floor. Nice! For as many pictures of random junk that I take, I did not take any of that. (Nor did I take any of the alarmingly high number of road kill rodents we happened upon and dodged along our route!) Instead, I cleaned up then got on the web to find out how long the route was ... 4.1 miles! Fabulous for a short one! I think that weekly 6-mile goal is going to be doable ... might be bumping it up faster than I anticipated. Hopefully the shoes will cooperate. I'll think about that later, though, because I not only need to shower, but I also need to eat one of these that I bought on the way home:
The apple price is about to kill me (where'd 99-cents/pound go?!), but wow and double-wow, these are fabulous! Take a big bite out of something equally fabulous to start your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment