Saturday, September 3, 2011

Inside the Mind ... You May Or May Not Want To Go There

I was totally serious when I said I wasn't feeling it today with regard to this long run. It wasn't that I thought I couldn't do it, and I didn't even really not want to do it. It was confusing. So, I finally quit dinking around and went ahead with the only real focus being to get on with my day.

But, check it out! It did not come without reward! Yeah!! Here's the story: I still had the morning's round of procrastination going through my head (see previous post regarding the demise of the wasp) and was entertaining myself by thinking about my made-up life of crime (have I mentioned that a vivid imagination is a major bonus if you're going to run a long distance?) when a pack of runners appeared and took off in front of me. They'd just pulled in to a parking lot I pass, got out of their car and took off. Their legs were fresh, and they were speedy, so I put my head down and refocused on what I was doing by telling myself, "Stick to your pace ... do your thing ..." (totally helps) The next thing I know, I spy with my little eye -- a penny! Cha-ching!! Totally rewarded!!

Of course, I pick it up. I put it in my cell phone carrying spot, glance over my shoulder, and what car is coming? A police car!! Coming after me for stealing? Or, for taking the life of an innocent critter? I was on a crime spree, and I'd been found out!

I figured, if necessary, I could take my ponytail down and do my best -- and quite convincing -- Cousin It to throw him off. But, it seems this police officer had other (real) things to take care of as he simply passed me by ...
C'mon, shoes ... hold out for 23 more!!

And, thank goodness he did because I can totally put this penny to use. I spent the better part of my run contemplating the many ways I can spend my continued findings. Let's review:

1. new shirt
2. new laundry basket
3. potential bail
and
4. it looks like mama's gonna need a new pair of shoes when this is all behind us!

I've finally come to truly embrace the "fact" that exercise in and of itself -- not especially fun. But, I do find a way to make it so! The moral of the story? Find a way to have fun whatever you are doing for yourself today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment