Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Big Precursor To the Half

While today wasn't the big day here, it is fast approaching, and there is another big day that puts the final stamp of "Let's Do This" on the main event. You'd think that day would be when I register and pay my fee. Nope! It is, instead: Shirt Making Day!

We have a fun shop here where you can have custom shirts made for any sized order. Even for one! Woohoo! We made them for the Half Marathon last year, and it was really fun! So, earlier this year, when I paid my entry fee thereby commiting myself to this event, I originally said we weren't getting new shirts (because I can be cheap ... you probably already guessed that if I'm going to pick up every penny I see). But, as the day draws closer, I simply could not stick to my original plan. I cannot express how important the Pit Crew support is to me through every run -- They are at every starting line, they are at every finish line, they loudly cheer, and they hug me when I smell. So, if it's shirts the Crew desires, it's shirts they shall have!

We headed downtown on a truly beautiful afternoon, and so the story goes:

We all went in with ideas of what color we
wanted this year. Here's the Pit Crew
contemplating the choices.
  
The choices are just scrumptious! A whole wall of color! Yeahhh!!
  
The final selections went from this ...

... to this! Ta-Da! (Have I mentioned the Pit Crew is very much looking forward
to a celebratory pizza lunch?!)

It reads: Not long ago I couldn't finish one ...
 
 Wanna see last year's? Check 'em out:
'Want to hear something funny? All Pit Crew members got the same
sizes of shirts this year. That, of course, makes sense for the leader
of the pack, but you should know #2 and #3 got shirts too big last
year so I knew they could wear them for a really long time. Yup,
that totally came down to my version of home economics! Hey, the
shirts are fun, but they're not cheap!
Good thing I have more training runs this week to get some more pennies ... hee hee The cost of the indulgence is nothing compared to the value of the support. I love you, Pit Crew! See you tomorrow ... a day off work does not translate into a Rest Day no matter how many ways I'd like to spin that in my wishful head!

No comments:

Post a Comment