Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rest Week Wraps Up

This is the last weekend for quite some time that I will get up and disappoint Elly by showering instead of getting into my running clothes. Yes, friends, Rest Week ends today! It's both a Yay! and a Boo! Let's face it, I like to sleep in the morning and be slow going once I'm required to get up no matter what day it is. I haven't been kidding when I've said if I didn't decide some kind of exercise is mucho important, I simply wouldn't do it. Ending Rest Week is a Yay!, though, because lots of moving in the morning makes for a great day after! I feel good, I feel strong, and it is still pretty awesome going out and doing something that just three years ago I could not. Can't beat that!

So, to celebrate the end of a great week, I stunned the Pit Crew and made everyone breakfast. Aaron is usually in charge of that, but I told him last night that I would make a family favorite ... French toast! Even Pit Crew #3, who inhereted a choosey palate from yours truly, gobbles 'em up. Here's the work in progress:
By the by, if anyone can tell me how to keep a black stove top clean, I'm all ears.

Whole grain bread, 7 whites plus 2 whole eggs for the mixture, and my very favorite ingredient in the eggs: sugar-free French Vanilla creamer. Yup, the stuff you put in coffee. I got the idea from the Hungry Girl lady, and it is a huge hit!
I love this book. Highly recommend! Such yummy goodness in there!! I will spend some of today looking through and pondering meal options as I also plan my new running schedule. I'm planning on a week of 3-milers to get back in the swing and to warm Elly back up, then I'll launch the longer run schedule next week. Goal: 6 miler once a week with regular runs filling in the other running days. Secondary Goal: 8 miler once a week. (You knew I'd have a secondary goal. I always do. Like with any official run ... Goal 1, Finish. Goal 2, Finish at a pace that lets me continue on with the day as though little-to-nothing happened that morning ... You get the idea ...)

Round out your weekend with something awesome! Nothing fancy required. Maybe just some sugar free French Vanilla creamer! Enjoy whatever it is! See you on the road tomorrow ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment