Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rest For the Not Weary

The schedule's all kinds of messed up this week with regard to which days I'm running, but it most certainly worked out for me as we celebrated a birthday here last night! I've learned -- particularly in the last year when I started paying attention to such things -- that there are certain things I should not eat at dinner if I'm going to run in the morning because I can still kinda feel it tumbling around in there. I'm pretty certain this luscious piece of carrot cake falls under such a category:
Ohhhh ... soooo ... yummyyyyy ...
Maybe it isn't so much the carrot cake as the size of the piece ... ha! SO WHAT! It was delicious and we all enjoyed every bite while celebrating! I will also enjoy every minute of continuing to digest it today during the off-schedule Rest Day!

In the meantime, there's someone here not happy at all about it being a Rest Day. Guess who:
No cake. No run. You've got to be kidding.
Tomorrow, good friend, tomorrow.

In the meantime, you should know that there is rain in the forecast for Sunday, which is the day of my next run. This is the same run that I left without participating last year because mere minutes before the start, there was sky-to-ground lightening that hit very, very close to the event. Many times. The Pit Crew and I watched from our car as the crowd accumulated even as the thunder and lightening continued. Scary stuff. The race began as scheduled. We went home. So, of course the forecast is for rain! I'll run in rain for an event, but I draw the line at thunder and lightening! So, the weekend update will include a run recap or it won't, but at least it won't include a report about Local Mom Fried At Race: Was Brought Up Better Than That!

No comments:

Post a Comment