Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How Much Excitement Can One Person Take?!

What's totally cool about the running schedule I found and totally embraced is that I just had a week of rest, I ran yesterday, and here we are today ... already Rest Day again! I told you I strictly follow that calendar schedule which means I get this day totally Guilt Free!! Yeah!! You see that Lizzy is embracing it, too:
"I am completely exhausted from my 5 a.m. running-around-all-
over-the-place exercises, so remove the camera and leave. Please."
Instead of running today, I wore my purple shoes (still working on 'em!) to meet a friend for breakfast! What a treat!

In the meantime, I have both exciting news and a new challenge all rolled up into one ... today begins the annual McDonald's Monopoly game! Our family loves hunkering down to a good game of Monopoly when outside play time is thwarted by seasonal weather ... then to couple that with McDonald's?! That's just fabulous! But, with each year this game has been under the arches, we have managed to tone down the excitement for both nutritional and economic reasons (it's not like they put the game pieces on the salads ... even if they did, we might need to take out a loan to get enough winning game pieces ... heeheehee).

We will most definitely participate in the game because we love it. It's fun! The challenge will be to resist playing as much as I want. (insert smiley face here) I actually feel excellent about making that particular component part of the challenge; it's nice to feel that ... in control? ... of my world ... to feel like I can step back and make solid on-purpose decisions that make me feel good before, during and -- the key -- after. I enjoy that my game decisions will be made around running goals, in particular, the ongoing goal of how I feel during ... and why I feel that way ... the fuel I use is a huge component of that ... although, I have to confess that my first Half Marathon was fueled by a dinner of McDonald's fish sandwich, and I rocked that run ... see? Always a temptation! Anyway, I enjoy that running has brought me a really peaceful kind of mindset, and I like the decisions that come out of that. Ahhhh ...

Will keep you posted on our huge winnings ... that's bound to happen, right?! In the meantime, my more immediate goal is for tonight to sleep all the way to morning without certain felines taking that decision into their own paws ...

No comments:

Post a Comment