Wednesday, February 17, 2016

That's the Kind Of Input From Strangers I Can Get On Board With

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 107.5 (running: 106.8; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 64.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $38.92

Today's training run is only scheduled for two miles, but I was really, really looking forward to enjoying it because it's not often it's only two on the calendar. I have spent the last 24 hours picturing a little extra time, starting my breakfast a little earlier than usual, starting the day's tasks a little earlier ... ahhhh ...

So, Elly and I headed out on a sunny but still quite cold morning, and it felt good to know this was out and back and done. Then, because I am who I am, I almost squandered away my own vision of time by thinking I could run to a particular area I know is often ripe with loose change. I even started planning out where I knew two miles ended, and I figured I could leisurely walk back from there. Technically, I had the time, and Elly, of course, would love it.

I was almost resolved to do it when I looked to my right and found a penny. I decided it was sending me the following message: "Here. Pick me up. You found money today. Now, get over it, and go home."

And, so, we did!

We didn't wrap it up, though, before a very nice lady called out to us with a, "I so enjoy seeing you and your dog run together." That was followed by, "You have the best running partner!" That very nice lady also possesses keen insight. I told her that, indeed, I do, and we went on our ways. I like when strangers are so nice (and aren't spouting b.s., unsolicited input or directives).

As Elly was most definitely the star of the show, I figured I'd show her off for our wrap-up pic ...
... which is the exact moment a semi turned the corner and was coming down the road toward us scaring the doo-doo out of her. Hence, the worried look that followed a really nice outing!

So, she's resting on the couch while I've tackled a number of planned items on today's to-do list! Many were in the kitchen, so I'll share those tomorrow when I'm finished! May your to-do list go your way today, and I'll see you from the kitchen tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment