Saturday, February 20, 2016

Better Done Today

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 120.8 (running: 116.9; walking: 3.9; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 66  Money Found For Food Bank: $39.35

I'd already had a much disturbed night's sleep, so I figured I'd do tomorrow's short run today in the hopes of a better night of sleep into a more rested morning. Even if that doesn't sound logical -- like, perhaps I should have waited to feel more rested before running -- it totally made sense to me. Why blow a good Sunday morning of sleep by having to wake up and run when Saturday's morning was already screwed up? See? LOGIC.

It was 39 degrees when Elly and I headed out, but it was a very warm 39. Sun + no wind + running = warm!! I was completely overdressed, although it could have been worse, but for three miles, I didn't need to complain.

The warmer weather brought out something we've not been around in quite some time: Many, many, many dogs! It seemed every home that had a dog had it out in its yard. One of the streets on the route is lined with backyards on both sides, so Elly passing through set off quite the fire storm of barking. Happy Saturday morning, everyone!

Elly tends to ignore such crooning, but she had her own fun following the path of a dog up ahead of us running with its owner:
They're way up there, but those two dots on the left of the street perked up Elly's nose in their paths!

They payoff to go ahead and run today way outweighed all of the reasons I could have used to not. Besides, what a great way to start off a quiet Saturday morning with my furry girl:
'Had that zoomed in and didn't know it. Whoops. I guess I wasn't really completely awake ...

I hope the first part of your weekend went exactly the way you wanted! If not, here's to the other half to make it go the right way! Either way, I'll be checking in on tomorrow's Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment