Monday, February 29, 2016

Every Day. Or, Not.

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 144.9 (running: 141; walking: 3.9; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 82.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $41.12

I had this really idiotic thought while out running today: "This third day of running, even after starting off with a long run, is going so well that it is quite possible I could run every day, even just a mile or two, and it would be good." Then I decided all of the fresh air must be making me loopy.

I will say that while I have no intention of trying to run every day --> in part, because I highly value the actual physiological reasons for a Rest Day and, in part, because I simply don't want to <-- I have come a very, very long way in terms of even having such a desire. That tells me that both mentally and physically, I continue to improve. That process has been going on for these last 7 years of running, so it is certainly a turtle venture. The turtle always gets there, though!

So, while I will not be running every day any time in the near future, I will highly value every run I take on! Oh ... sorry ... every run we take on!!
Elly looks so stoic. I have no idea why.
So, piggy backing on that ohicouldruneveryday thought, I relish that tomorrow is a Rest Day! I'll be checking in then.

No comments:

Post a Comment