Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Apparently, It's Another Of Those Holidays Or Whatever

Apparently, it's Mardi Gras. I didn't know that until I got to my Dad's, and they were all decked out. He and I joined in on the fun:
I super suck at selfies with my phone. He still makes me smile
big even when fuzzy, though!
We dressed for the day and won some Bingo! Banner. Day. !!

So, since today is Mardi Gras, that also means it's Fat Tuesday. In our household's totally fake celebration -- which is another way of saying Pit Crew #2 hinted she wanted some homemade ice cream, and I didn't say no -- I made us some vanilla ice cream and chocolate (should totally have named it THE BOMB) sauce:
DAMN I love the Trim Healthy Mama recipes!! The ice cream is a blogger recipe, and the chocolate sauce is from the THM peeps' new book. SCRUMPTIOUS.

It's almost been a year since Aaron and I took the THM reigns, and I have been SO very happy with how this way of eating has made me feel! Things fell to the side through the holidays. I knew it was happening (duh, I was the one doing it), but I was okay with it because I knew how to dig myself out and get back to feeling better. And, that's just it: I didn't even eat very terribly in November and December, but I ate just enough of what had been zapping my energy that I genuinely felt like crap. I had little extra energy, and I just felt blah. And, let's not even talk about how running felt by December 31. I went right back to the THM plan on January 1 and rebounded almost immediately. My energy is totally back, running is sound in body even when it isn't in mind, and I feel better just in general.

I have felt so good, in fact, that I have been chomping at the bit to get paid so I could put in a hefty THM order. Today was the day! So, in just a few days, we'll be replenished with sweeteners and things to bake with and I even splurged on myself for a moisturizer of theirs. Everything ... and, I do mean everything ... I've ordered from them has lived up to exactly what was promised, so I'm totally stoked for a box to arrive soon ...

In the meantime, we'll keep meal planning and learning and swapping and reconfiguring things we've known into familiar-but-better tummy fillers and energy rechargers! And, in the immediate, it's time to finish my ice cream!

I'll see you after the morning freeze ...

No comments:

Post a Comment