Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Catching Up

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 128.8 (running: 124.9; walking: 3.9; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 74  Money Found For Food Bank: $40.29

Okay, so, I did run yesterday. Elly and I both ran. And, by the time evening rolled around, I could barely remember having run because the day was that full. And, so it goes ...

I'm glad to have run yesterday instead of today because there was another temperature drop this morning, and it was just cold. I'm down with the cold when it stays there for a while, but can be difficult to ride the daily coaster. The forecast was for a small potential of freezing rain this morning, which was the reason for the switch, and I am never down with running in freezing rain. Well, I'm sure I would be down ... on my butt ... We didn't get the rain, but it all worked out well anyway. Tomorrow is the last 2-miler of the training schedule, and I intend to enjoy the short jaunt.

In the meantime, I have to report I inflicted the latest radish dish on the family at dinner the other night. I didn't tell the kids what it was nor did I wonder if Pit Crew #2 was going to like them (I knew she would). It was PC#3 whom I watched with glee as he cleaned up his serving without blinking an eye. When asked if he liked it, he said in his most respectful duh tone, "Well, it's potatoes. What's not to like?" It was when I divulged they were radishes that the eye blinked commenced. He appeared to not know how to process the information.

I completely understood.

So, I've had a craving for them again and went to the store to get more. The first time I bought them, they were already crinkle-cut into chips and in a bag. When Aaron went to get some, he could only find them smoothly pre-cut in a plastic container. And, when I went today, I had to get a bag of them whole because nothing was already done for me. I know it's more economical to do myself, I just didn't want to have to (and, there was no way I was going to the work of cutting them if they were going to taste like crap, so the first round had to be as easy as possible!).

I guess I know something else on my to-do list tomorrow:
Prior to last week, that would have been one of the ugliest sights I've ever seen. I'm still not too stoked to wash and cut them. I know, I know: Boo hoo ...
Well, the wash-n-cut will come after the quick run in the morning! I'll be checking in; see you then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment