Friday, February 19, 2016

Wooooooooshhhh!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 116.2 (running: 113.8; walking: 2.4; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 64.5  Money Found For Food Bank: $39.34

Ohhh, what a difference 25 degrees makes! When I ran my 6-mile long run last week, there was ice on the ground. This morning, it was pushing 60 degrees for my 7-miler! It would have been helpful to have had a wee bit of build-up there! I was fine for the first 3 miles or so, but I needed to slow down and readjust a bit at that point realizing the much warmer weather was a factor to consider ... as were the 30 mph wind gusts into which I was running almost that entire time. YUCK!

I gave myself some grace and took a walk break when I turned out of the wind. It was still hitting me sideways, which is a whole different issue, but I little bit of a walk was in order to regroup. The wind was whipping, and the sun was beating in my face (another recent development!), and I suddenly remembered what Spring running was all about!

It wasn't all fabulous, but that wasn't important. It felt good for the most part. And, it looked like this:
Just keeping it real.

I think the run would have felt pretty fantastic had the wind given me a chance! But, here's to the next one! I have a bit of an itch to run in the morning and take Sunday off instead, so I'll be checking in after I figure out what I'm doing!

Have a wonderful start to your weekend! I'll see you soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment