Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Adventure Before the Adventure

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 82.6 (running: 81.9; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 51.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $36.13

HAPPY WEEKEND!! Elly here!! I got WAY more than I counted on when I asked to go with Mommy and Daddy on their outing this morning!! It turned out that it was Take Your Doggie To Work Day!! YAHOO!!!
Okay, it really wasn't the official day for that, but it IS how the morning turned out because Daddy had something science-y to do before we got our grooves on. So, I had myself quite the adventure before the adventure!! LOOK!!
I really didn't know what to expect in this place; I was just
happy to find out it wasn't a back entrance to the vet.
Mommy showed me some of the sites like the rack of
coats they wear when they want to look like real scientists.
These just scared me because they look like shots. <shiver>
And, this thing jiggled all by itself. How'd it do that?!
All of those things were fine, but I had my own kind of
investigating to do! Like around the biohazard bin!
And, in this trash can!
And on this cart of canisters filled with goodies!!
HECK YEAH this is FUN!! My sniffer never had it so good!
Wait ... what was that?!
I heard Daddy, and he was doing important
science stuff!
Daddy explained he was using liquid nitrogen. See the
white waves floating on the counter? ...
... Yeah, ME, EITHER because I had BOXES to smell!
The real adventure begins when you get between the cabinet
and the biohazard box! If it's like at home, there's always
stuff that misses the trash can lurking in such places!
This box was closed, so it wasn't as cool.
I saw Daddy again!! Wait ... he's putting
on booties ...
It's a secret passageway!!
He shut the door and went to work.
Without us.
Apparently, I'm not authorized personnel ...
... even when I give my cute face. *sigh*
Time for more exploring.
All of the trash cans and biohazard bins had been sniffed, so
Mommy thought we should check out Daddy's work area. Here
are his Simpsons Squinkies ... whoever the Simpsons are and
whatever a Squinkie is ...
... and here is his display of running bling ...
... and, a comic. Mommy read it to me. I don't get it.
Awww ... there's my family before they were my family!!!
And, there's a picture of Daddy with his
smarts hat on.
Mommy noted his messy pile. I just wondered if he even knows
that other pad of paper is on the floor. Mommy said he probably
doesn't. I guess it helps I'm at that level ...
Yay!! That's ME!! Covered ... in ... a ... boatload ... of ... dust ...
Speaking of gross ...
I had to leave that zone once I saw gross
Lizzy, so I moved on.
One of his work friends brings her dog
to work with her often. That would be more
fun if this floor weren't so slippery!
I was totally ready to go, but Daddy had to
wash dishes. This bored me. I can see that
at home.
So, I went to the door and just stared. At home,
that can make the door open.
I'm with you, fake dog -- let's bust out of this joint!
SERIOUSLY. DADDY. LET'S GO!
Back to the elevator -- on which I was VERY BRAVE ... a little
weirded out but BRAVE ...
And, it was time! THAT time!!!
It was neat seeing where Daddy hangs for
most of his day, but this was more like it!
Daddy ... Zipper ... Eyeball ... just sayin' ...
It was definitely a fun adventure this morning!! Frankly, my sniffer is exhausted, but it was totally worth it! Thanks for doing your science stuff for us and for the world, Daddy! But, I think I'll stick to my running expertise if you don't mind!!

We'll be back at it soon ... stay tuned, and thanks for joining my on my very special morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment