Wednesday, February 10, 2016

I'm Not Sure I Ever Know What I'm Doing

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 90.6 (running: 89.9; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 59.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $37.32

With very little wind out there this morning, the 19-degree temperature felt great!! I know, that's weird to most, but I don't mind it. It's not my pick, but I don't mind especially once all systems start firing. Then, everything warms up nicely! Elly and I had a most spectacular run in large part to the unexpected tolerable weather! I was all geared up for it to be windy and miserable. As it wasn't, we took off like a shot and never looked back.

I headed out planning for the scheduled 3 miles, but a couple of factors changed that. Foremost, I was, indeed, scheduled for 3 miles, but that's the only thing I've done right on the training schedule this week. Let's just say I messed up all the way back to this past weekend, and the upcoming weekend thwarts my plans, so Saturday's long run (which I thought was supposed to be 5 miles but, after consulting the calendar, turns out to be 6) is moved to tomorrow, and I figure I'll get it all sorted out by Sunday. Or ... Monday. I really don't know. But, with all plans way out the window, I also decided I wasn't interested in one of my 3-mile routes and headed toward 4 only to end up going 5 because I was feeling so good in the middle of the route that I decided a quick detour to investigate a money spot was in order. An extra mile and an additional 60 cents to today's stash, and how in the world could the run get any better than that?

Ask, and ye shall receive the answer in the form of ...
... snow on the puppy's nose!!! That's right; it started snowing while we were running!
Yahoo, snow!! There's something rather amazing to me about being outside just when the snow starts. It's like you've been invited to something special. It's peaceful and beautiful and I've been lucky enough to have it happen at least three runs in the past couple of months. It's pretty great!

We wrapped up our run and headed home while the snow really started to pick up. By the time we were home, it was doing this:
So, we had to get out there for a little bit to enjoy it!
It ended a couple of hours after it started with the promised accumulation of about an inch. Everything was really pretty for a little while. I'm glad to have enjoyed it because a lot of it will be gone in the morning on that thought-it-was-5-miles-whoops-it's-6 run!

So, tomorrow will wrap up the week's running! I'll check in after to wind it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment