Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's Time To Put This Day To Rest!!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 130.8 (running: 126.9; walking: 3.9; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 76  Money Found For Food Bank: $40.49

When our run this morning was finished, both Elly and I were on the same page: Total focus on getting in the car and just being finished. Hence, instead of staying in the glorious outside for the post-run pic, I present selfie in car ...
In fairness, it was pretty cold, so who wants to just linger in that especially once you've gotten your sweat on. Not that 'cold weather' means anything in relation to 'getting a Diet Coke.'

Had I known the kind of day it would turn out to be, I think I would have lingered outside a little longer. (Morning runs tend to start the day well, but they sure can't do much about what comes after!) Things just weren't going my way. It was the kind of day that people say drive them to drink. Swap 'drink' with 'have some THM ice cream and chocolate sauce,' and I'm counting myself ahead of the game there.

*sigh*

Some days are like that, but I have no real reason to complain when I take a step back and see the bigger picture. I'm just saying I think I'll be able to see the bigger picture better after a good night's sleep. Perhaps I'll begin tomorrow with a DO OVER declaration!!

It's a Rest Day tomorrow (couldn't be better timed!!) leading into the week's long run Saturday. I'll be checking in ... hopefully with a better mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment