Saturday, February 13, 2016

Unintended

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 99.9 (running: 99.2; walking: .7; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 62.2  Money Found For Food Bank: $37.46

Could I be any closer to rolling 100 miles? For crying out loud ...

For real. I had no intention of running today. In fact, the whole reason I moved my long run up a few days is because of an event involving Pit Crew #3. In fact, I thanked him for having said event (even though he had absolutely nothing to do with the scheduling) because I would not have moved said long run, and I would have been absolutely miserable given the morning wind. It was bitterly cold walking into the building with him. Even I was complaining. I was so happy to not be running.

Later in the day, I kept thinking about our morning schedule and how it was going to make things a bit tricky to work a schedule into other things we have to do. I pondered this as the day went on, and I decided tomorrow's run simply needed to happen today.

Of course I did. And, of course, I didn't completely decide this until after I treated myself to the last THM Cry No More Brownie, and I'm just saying that running a mere 20 minutes after eating one of those rich, delicious brownies is not a great plan. But, it wasn't terrible, either, and I'm no worse for the wear.

This plan worked great for Elly, too. She was stoked to go out with me. She either had an excited spring in her step, or she simply knew the faster we went, the faster we got back home to hang by the fire. It was 23 degrees at 4 p.m., after all. Today was, indeed, a cold one. Getting Elly out there was also good as her run preceded having a guest over, and she tends to lose her mind and manners for the first few minutes when people come over. I think the run sucked some of that energy out of her because she was totally polite from the get go! Good doggie ...

Anyway, it felt great to get out there, 23 degrees and all, and it felt better to think how there's one of tomorrow's items crossed off the list today. Booyah.

Speaking of tomorrow, yahoo for Valentine's Day!! I'll be checking in with what I already received!!

No comments:

Post a Comment