Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Perfect Compromise

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Total Movement Mileage: 141.9 (running: 138; walking: 3.9; biking: 0) Elly's miles: 79.1  Money Found For Food Bank: $41.03

The fact is, I knew I needed to stick to schedule and run this morning, but the other fact remained that I really didn't want to. So, I compromised with myself (always a good thing): I slept in this morning, and I ran later with Pit Crew #2 and Elly.

TA. and DA!!
This plan worked out well for PC#2, too, as she also wanted to run today, but there was nothing dragging her out of bed this morning to do so. As a former teenager myself, I totally got that! Of course, as a former teenager myself, I don't get going out and running at that age at all ... but, I'm glad she figured it out long before I did! In fact, the other day, she was having a day. You know the ones. Anyway, she looked at me late in the afternoon and said, "I think I'm going to go run." to which I responded, "I think you need to." So, the teen has it figured out that there is something productive to be done to release some stress, unwind and regroup. Damn, she's going to be an awesome adult!

Our outing was really, really good. It was also really, really windy, so we planned our route accordingly with the wind to our backs on the last hill. That was good mama thinkin'! I only grunted once when we went straight into it which is markedly more grown up than my pre-run assumption that I'd just be a big baby through the whole thing. Have I mentioned at least 100 times how much I hate dealing with the wind? Then, put the wind factor on top of having done my long run yesterday, and I warned PC#2 I would likely whine the whole way.

Tomorrow was planned for a Rest Day until PC#2 reminded me it is supposed to be nice tomorrow morning but potentially cold and raining on Tuesday suggesting I might want to run again tomorrow. I was all, "You're trying to kill me. This much is clear." She countered by telling me she was just trying to be nice but that I could do what I want. *sigh* I appreciate she was looking out for me!

And, to that end, running has gone on the schedule for tomorrow. I may as well avoid a quick and yucky turn in the weather, and I'm thankful for the heads up! I hope you have all you need to start your week off just the way you want, and, evidently, I'll be checking in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment