Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Whatever It Takes

So, I used my non-running time today to try and focus on a particular work project I have. But, I found myself piddling away that time here on Day 4 of Writer's Block (compliments of being given an assignment about which I have absolutely no interest in writing -- that'll definitely put a cramp in the creativity ... just sayin' ...).

I changed paths and did some different writing ... in the form of texting a friend, but whatever. We made post-run (and, post-shower ... I'd like to keep my friends ...) breakfast plans for tomorrow which actually triggered a step over my current writing hurdle. The way I saw it was if I could get some good writing done, then I'd have more time (and focus) to chat tomorrow. And, the more I thought about that, the more motivated I was!

As it turned out, I banged out a decent rough draft of the piece (the topic still bored me, but my lack of interest doesn't mean it totally sucks) which is exactly where I needed to be today to free up some time tomorrow. The moral of my story? Reward works. This should come as no surprise coming from the person who actively seeks races to add to the medal collection. Hey, whatever it takes to keep going.

I'm already looking forward to both the company and my meal tomorrow. I'm so excited about it that I've already planned lunch for breakfast (because it will work out time wise ... suffice it to say, I will have breakfast for lunch. I'm super wild that way.). It will include something from the pile of condiments I made this weekend:

Okay, the pancake mix on the left is not a condiment. Nor is
the chocolate sauce on the right although I could dive into it
face first. That's not exactly the definition of a condiment,
though. But the ranch, honey mustard and avocado dressings
all count. Right? All jarred and blue-lidded things compliments
of Trim Healthy Mama recipes. Of course.
Bribing myself to get my work done. Swapping around meal norms. It's all in a day. Whatever it takes is what happens. And, that's all we can really ask of ourselves.

And, tomorrow? We run. And, it's going to be cold. *sigh* I'm so cold weather supportive from November through February, but I really am over it in March. Oh well. I guess I'd better bundle up a bit. Whatever it takes to get it done ... see you after ...

No comments:

Post a Comment