Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nice Timing!

Happy Weekend!! It's been a super-busy Rest Day, but it's been a rest from running nonetheless. And, I have to admit, my body has thanked me for it!! I got up at 12:15 a.m. (because some stupid cat decided to hurl herself against a door trying to open it), and my legs felt like they were made of cement. Yes. That tired. It kind of sealed the deal that I will, indeed, indulge myself in a 3-day rest stretch. I should be ready-as-I'll-ever-be by Tuesday!

Resting right now is a must in order to spin it around to feel strong and have fun at the Go Girl event approaching in May!! I saw in my Facebook feed their first event of the season was today in another city, and it just made me giddy! They've done such a great job building and promoting this run that I'm seriously stoked to do it again! And, let's not forget -- one of the finish line goodies is a wine glass!! Booyah!!
They'll fill your glass with a super-yummy smoothie at the finish soiree, but as soon as mine gets home, it gets washed and ready for the Hungry Girl Magical Low-Cal Margarita!! (Want one? Click here!!) And, the combination of seeing the updates in my feed and today's beeee-autiful  weather made me crave the margarita wave, so Aaron's out right now filling the gaps we have of the necessary ingredients!! Nicely timed with two more Rest Days to go, don'tcha think?!

Take a little time to indulge yourself today, and I'll check in tomorrow from the Peter Cottontail Trail!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment