Saturday, April 5, 2014

Unexpected Treasures

Happy Saturday!!! If only by virtue of the fact that there was no wind today, this has been a GREAT day!!!

It was a Rest Day, but we managed to fill it right on up complete with an earlier wake-up time than had I gone out to run. Whuuuuuut ?! That's okay, it was really, really fun and included an unexpected stop at an out-of-the-blue scrapbook store (oh, DARN, right?!). I have to share some finds because you can take the run out of the day, but you can't take the run out of the girl!

Among other completely unrelated treasures, I found ...
OF COURSE I needed the puppy paws!! Die-cuts for a one-time use and the acrylic stamp to use all over the place!! It's most definitely Elly approved!

And, as this scrapbook store is billed as "scrapbook supplies and more" -- or something like that -- some of their "more" included the hair accessories. They were an impulse buy at the register, but after yesterday's totally-hacking-me-off winds, it wasn't much of an impulse!! In yesterday's writings, I didn't even go in to how annoyed I was with the pieces of hair that didn't fit back in my ponytail flying in my mouth. Repeatedly and mercilessly. Love my hair; hate when that happens! So, the headband was a duh especially when it was (a) rainbowlicious and (b) only $2. And, the purple blingy ponytail holder? Like I was going to pass on that especially at a $1?! Fantastic!

I bought one of the purple holders for Pit Crew #2 who thanked me and let me know that her friends wear them on their wrists, not their hair. Shows what I know. But, hey, it still worked! Kids these days ...

And, you won't even believe it, but look what Aaron spied:
A hedgehog wrapped in Christmas lights acrylic stamp? Are
you kidding me? It was totally made for me!!
You won't be surprised to know that the theme of the day continued as we also found 2 pennies and a quarter in a parking space. Booyah.

Such a search continues with two sets of eyes tomorrow as I've convinced Aaron to join my on my last 4-miler of this round of training!! At least we won't have to get up very early to accomplish it!! Enjoy the rest of your Saturday, and I'll check in when we're finished!!

No comments:

Post a Comment