Friday, April 18, 2014

We're Off ... Again!

Today’s Numbers: (as updated for the week while daily updates were on hold for Half Marathon fabulousness ...) Nancy's Days Run: 63 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 264.5 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 128.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $25.54

Happy, happy Friday!! For all of the grumbling I've done with regard to the weirdo weather, I tip my hat to Mother Nature for today's perfect day!! The cloudless sky, 50 degree temperature and just the hint of a breeze provided the perfect environment for a morning run -- especially a long one!

Elly and I were back at it on Tuesday and Wednesday with the week's short runs. My legs weren't too interested in starting out on Tuesday, but within the first mile, things shook out, and I was surprised at the amount of spring in my step! I was further surprised that the issues I've been battling since January with my toes (that they've been getting sore) went completely unnoticed. And, when I say completely, I mean entirely. Even the ones that are literally bruised from the Half just snuggled on up in my shoes and enjoyed the ride. Clearly, different parts of my body were tensing up as the race drew close. I'm pretty sure my toes were in a part of the compensate-for-the-leg-and-back deal, probably working hard to maintain every ounce of balance I could muster. On Tuesday, the race was over, my mind relaxed, and it was a most enjoyable outing!

We even saw these:
Check out what they looked like this morning!
My real intention this morning was to just enjoy those 8 miles given the lovely weather and because I wanted to give my brain a break from overthinking everything. So, I took full advantage of every money-looking spot*, and I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery!
It's like a pretty snow storm. Without the issues.
The little ally cats were out in full force today, too:
Don't miss the one to the right coming out of the hole in the building! There
was another tabby behind me that disappeared before I could show you. And,
the black one was present but inside a building looking out a window. I love
this spot ...
Speaking of cats, there was a Siamese sauntering the length of our back yard setting off a fire storm of all of the shared-yard dogs including you-know-who. Elly would not come inside while it was still in sight. Even then, she kept looking for it especially as the other dogs were still yapping it up. It's good to act tough behind a fence. I indulged her, though, as I'd already greatly disappointed her leaving her behind this morning.

* Found-money update: The findings of the past three runs (post-Half) took me up and over the $25 mark which is now more money than I found last year in paper money when I had found a $20 and a $5. It's quite possible at this rate -- only time will tell -- that I exceed the amount I found last year but all in change. That would be fun! I have no idea if it's actually possible, but it's fun to think about!

The next few days bring about either two or three Rest Days in a row!! Easter throws off the usual Sunday run, and I think I'm just going to let it! That's probably the rest my legs could use before heading into the thick of the training schedule that I'd rather not screw around with unless necessary!

With that, I'm off to start the weekend!! A very happy start of it to you, and I'll check in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment