Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Home Stretch

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 57 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 232.2 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 115.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $23.15

This flamingo on this morning's route wanted to run just about as much as I did:
No matter what, I would have run today, but what really motivated me was knowing Aaron was coming with me! I know a lot of people like to have an exercise pal for accountability. I didn't need the accountability, but I did want the socialization! Whee!!

It was a very pleasant 4.5-mile jaunt complete with finding more BB's, 13 cents, solving some world problems and having a woman come out her front door to make a point of thanking us for cleaning up after Elly in her yard. While it should be expected that we do such a thing, unfortunately, I know (from what we find in our yard) that it's just not always done. I should note she was much cheerier than either Aaron or I were. Perhaps she'd been up longer and was more used to daylight.
That was the longest run left before the weekend! I always like getting past this one simply because the next big push is for the next big event. It also seems appropriate for the home stretch to begin with a run from-and-to my home! That's just poetic.

Oh, and I'm pleased to report that I gave the new hair accessories a test run, and both passed with flying colors:
Flying colors are almost literal here ...!
(Elly's all, "Um, where's mine ?")
Tomorrow is not just a Rest Day, but, assuming they're finished, it is the reveal of the Crew shirts!! Tune in, and I'll show 'em off! Enjoy the rest of the weekend ...!

No comments:

Post a Comment