Thursday, April 24, 2014

It Sure Worked For Me That My Kid Needed New Shoes

When it was Tuesday, I thought about just how slow the week was going (and, for once, I liked it!). Now that it's Thursday, I can't believe the week's almost over!! Friday is sneaking up on me like one, huge surprise!!

Speaking of surprises, I was unexpectedly at the shoe store with Pit Crew #3 the other day (because, sometimes when you're a kid, your foot suddenly busts through your shoes ...). While he looked for a pair to his liking, I perused the aisles for myself. Ever since the shoe styles changed to having a wider toe mesh -- the very one that does not hold my big toe inside the shoe -- my choices have been wildly limited. This has been quite discouraging especially when the ones I've settled to buy are okay, but they're not great in the comfort zone. They feel harder, and they are heavier than I'd like especially on long runs. But, I have total confidence that they're not going to spring a leak in the middle of a run.

Have I mentioned a few thousand times how much I still miss my Asics? *very, longing sigh ...*

The more I've talked around about this toe-busting-out issue, the more I've found it's not really that uncommon. Therefore, I've held out hope that at some point, someone in the shoe making biz will put a few options out there that actually give some toe support. And, as I was investigating the men's shoes, I stumbled upon a pair of Asics that seemed to be built for we with the hard core toes. I even liked the look of them. Unfortunately, the smallest size for men is still huge on my foot.

Fortunately, though, I can wear a boy's size shoe. Double fortunately, there was a pair in the boy's section with similar toe reinforcement. And, wait ... for ... it ... THEY. WERE. ASICS.
Those babies are gonna look smokin' awesome when I find a
pair of shoe laces that SPARKLES ...
Do you want to hear the craziest part of this whole thing? When I bought new shoes at the end of January, I bought two pairs of the same shoe because I didn't want to go on another treasure hunt any time soon (a little distance between shoe angst, please). I had yet to wear the second pair, I still had the receipt and the box, and the store TOOK THEM BACK no questions asked! FOR REAL.

I'm pretty excited to try these out especially when just putting them on at the store made my feet feel like I was walking on air. That's what I've always liked about Asics!! So, really, if they somehow suck for running, I have a new pair of walking around shoes. My current pair of Nikes will hold up for quite a while longer if need be. Win! Win! Wait ... that would be more like Drat! Oh well. Win! Win!

So, I'm going to give these a whirl ... a long whirl ... tomorrow! I know taking them out for the first time for 9 miles isn't ideal, but I have no time to waste with the next Half in 5 weeks! Let's break these babies in! I'll see you tomorrow so we can say hellooooooo, weekend  together!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment