Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's Like Indoor Recess But Not As Fun

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 55 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 217.3 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 114.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $21.15

Check out what Pit Crew #2 drew in her planner:
And, look how fast she made me go!
Seriously, I love that! On the I Love To Run website, you can submit a picture and have an artist render a caricature of it. I choose my resident artist.

I can't say I was as speedy today as I was drawn in that picture because the treadmill was required!! (And, if there's one thing I'm not on the treadmill, it's speedy!) It wasn't just the rain (although that would have been plenty reason to tread), it was the lightening and the hail that sealed the indoor deal!

I had to go out and about before running which is when the thankfully-just-pea-sized hail hit. I had brought the very nervous pooch with me because she doesn't like to be home alone in a storm! I think she liked hearing the hail just about as much as I did. Her incessant panting kind of gave her away!
"Ohhhhhh, I look happy ..."
"... but, I am not."
I saw this when driving up a street where I often run ...
Up ahead, you see where the street is
more of a wading pool ...
... and, this happened when I casually turned on to another street:
That's spray from the street. It happened
on both sides of the car because the street
was that flooded, and it almost covered
the width of the windshield!
So, this week's short run was me, the treadmill, an episode of Hoarders, and the dog hunkered down next to me while I ran. It was uneventful, but it got accomplished!!

There's one more long run before the big one, but not before a Rest Day tomorrow!! I'll check in then!

No comments:

Post a Comment