Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Imperfection

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 64 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 274.7 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 138.4 Money Found For Food Bank: $26.24

The event for which I am training right now will be my 10th Half Marathon. TENTH. I'd say I'm not sure how that happened, but, just like I'm never shocked when one of my kids turns a year older because I've been right there in it with them, I've lived and experienced every, single step that has gotten me here. I finish very few runs where I think, "Huh. What just happened?" Nope. It's way more fun for me to really get in there and experience it. Easier-than-other days, fun days, painful days: I've felt them all!

For as invested as I am in my time out there, I'd like someone to explain how I managed to get home to only then discover a whole piece of gum stuck between two pennies in my 70-cent Food Bank stash. Yeah ... I did some money washing and extra hand sanitizing today ...

Oh, and for such attention to detail as I claim, I also recently learned that all of my 3-mile training runs have actually been 3.3 miles. Over the course of the last training schedule, that was an additional 6 miles to my total. Yay! But, really ?

Fortunately, perfection isn't required to run. Especially the way I do it.
No need for perfection when we have each
other, amiright ?! That's pretty perfect to me!
Tomorrow's the week's short run! I'll check in after and let you know what that brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment