Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Like a Nature Hike

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 66 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 287 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 141.7 Money Found For Food Bank: $26.17

Unlike last week's long run -- when I could still feel almost every part of the previous week's Half, I just didn't complain about it -- today's felt really, really good. I dare say it felt strong, but let's not go nuts. For real, it was really good all the way around! Check out the scenes; they were pretty awesome today!
The kitties were there! Two to the left, one to the right who is
pretending to be a dandelion. I missed getting one that I'd not
before seen ... looked like a Siamese, but charcoal fur. It had
the same, piercing blue eyes -- truly a beautiful creature.
I'd just passed a guy who smelled really good. I don't even care
if that sounds weird because it's just true. The really good smell?
Clean. And, given the warm morning, it took no time for me to
not smell April fresh. So, stopping to take a whiff of these was
a nice nasal relief!
When you come to a stretch of sidewalk that's
actually closed due to construction, you smile
and say, "WALK BREAK!" Oh, and that's not
just dirt; it's mud. Good thing I already liked my
new shoes, because there was no taking them
back now!
There were lots of Spring lovelies along the way!
I couldn't get a fabulous picture of this flower without stepping
in someone's bed. So, I got the best I could!
It was there all by itself ...
And, then, for the grand finale:
I've often wanted to take a pic of a squirrel, but I can never do
that with Elly along! This little dude probably would have
bolted had she been with me, but he most definitely was not
scared of me ...
See? He's totally ready to box!
Eventually, he decided to scurry off with the self-proclaimed
knowledge that he had the ability to take me down had
circumstances required it.
I'm pleased to report my shoes were quite good for the duration, and that's saying something considering their first outing was a long run! I could feel my toes fishing around trying to figure out where to live. They're a bit sore, but my feet as a whole (as wholes?) felt great. These will do ... until I find new one!! They do, however, need to be jazzed up immediately if not sooner!

So, the 9-miler is in the books, and onward training goes! While a Rest Day would normally follow today, there are other plans to tend to because tomorrow, we Glow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment