Wednesday, April 9, 2014

One More To Go ...!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 59 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 238.2 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 123.2 Money Found For Food Bank: $23.74

As the next few days are going to be about me and about the Crew, I wanted to use the last training run for this race to thank Elly for being my constant, as-much-as-I'd-allow-her-to-be companion.
"It ain't nothin' but a thang, mama ..."
She's gone as many times as I've allowed. She's wanted to go more. She's silently pushed herself on days I've not been so silent about pushing myself. She's sometimes oh-so-annoying especially as she's allowed her inner-scaredy-cat emerge on some roadways. But, more than that, she's patient, mostly compliant and is one of my biggest fans.

Almost all of Elly's 100+ miles for the year have been training runs with me. I don't think I could ask for much more than that.

Next stop? A couple of Rest Days with a lot of fun details before stepping up to the start line!! I'll check in tomorrow with the details wrap up! See you then, and thanks for rooting this on!

No comments:

Post a Comment