Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Prep For Now; Register For Future!

Today’s Numbers: Nancy's Days Run: 69 Nancy's 2013 Mileage: 295.1 Elly's 2013 Mileage: 146.8 Money Found For Food Bank: $27.30

Wow, that was not just a chilly run, but we just finished before the rain started spitting at us!! *Whew!!* I do appreciate that kind of luck even though I'm really not down with the major fluctuations in weather!! I should probably just be thankful it's not sub-zero right now while I keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't turn into a tropical paradise the very weekend of the upcoming Half!!

No matter the weather, we get on out there, though! As I threw my running schedule off this week, I was surprised the run felt so good. I felt quite ready to go, and the run itself was remarkably strong (as opposed to dragging my butt through the streets and pretending I'm running). I think I have to credit both the continuous training/effort and my new shoes. Not one part of my feet feels the least bit taxed, which they have after almost every run since January, so I'm very thankful for the new kicks. But, I simply must get some new laces soon. Aaron even mistook my shoes as Pit Crew #3's the other day. That's just not right.

What is right though is that this morning's coinoscopic vision was in full focus:
Do you see what I saw? Most people wouldn't because they're
paying attention to what's in front of them like normal people.
'Under the car directly below the license plate.
Check it out closer ...
Boo.Yah.
That made for 30 cents for The Bank today!

In other running news, I just registered for my next Half in October!! It's called the MO'Cowbell ... you even get a cow bell as part of your swag!!! Okay, I think it's funny, but PC#2 is pretty stoked (and, I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm giving it to her ...). She has a clapper that she takes to races, but, evidently, she slaps it too hard or too much or both or something ... anyway, apparently, it often needs readjusting. When she saw the registration info, she said, "I've always wanted a cow bell !!" To be honest, I enjoy hearing them from the crowds, so it's a win for all of us!

Tomorrow is power packed with all sorts of things going on, but the schedule completely squeezed out the normal run. So, I either will or won't make that up on Thursday. Either way, I'll check in tomorrow ... keep on keepin' on on your end, and I'll see you as we climb over hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment