Monday, April 7, 2014

Details Coming Together!

Happy Monday!! I hope your week started out just the way you wanted!! (And, if not, this Monday is almost behind us!)

The countdown to the Half is most definitely on at this point!! With less than a week 'til lift off, the details are getting some attention including one of our collective favorite activities: The Shirts!

As of Saturday, everyone agreed on what the Crew shirts should say. And, on our Sunday morning jaunt, Aaron helped me hammer out how to word mine/what it should look like. With the words written on a paper napkin (for real), it was finally time to head to the shirt shop, pick some colors and place the order!

Because we've ordered from this same place for all of our shirts, and because I like to use the same paw print for all of the shirts (you know, continuity is cool), one of the previous designers got wise and made a "puppy pace" file for us for return orders. Check out what the search icon was when they were pulling it up:
How perfect that it's a puppy assisting us!
Choosing colors was easy as everyone seemed to go in with an idea of what he or she wanted, no discussion (or coordination among us) required. Shirt Designer #2 was awesome and helpful (vs. Shirt Designer #1 who tried but got flustered with the file lookup and font searching, so she handed us over to the second guy saying she didn't feel well. Was it something I said ?).

In no time, we chose, we designed, we ordered, we paid, we waited! And, in a day's time, we got 'em back! I met Aaron for lunch where he presented me with a pretty stack of goods!
Here they are!
The leader in the bold red ...
And, the young'uns in exactly the colors they wanted! If you're
a bit blinded by Pit Crew #2's choice, join the club!! If it's a
sunny morning, she is sure to create a cushy bubble of personal
space by those who have been blinded!
And, mine:
I've been mentally writing and revising
this for months. Many, painful months!
I HAVE to give a nod to my very loyal,
very awesome trainer! I loved the little
dance of the letters ... kind of reminds me
of Elly's little bounce!
Another detail down, a few more to go! But, before that, there are also a handful of miles to cover! Three of them are on deck for tomorrow, so I'll see you after!

No comments:

Post a Comment