Friday, June 28, 2013

You Don't Scare Me, Bling!

Just a little editor's note before going forth with today's entry: Remember how I introduced you to the most-awesome concept of Nancy's definition of WOD yesterday? You know ... pretty weed of the day? Yeah, Aaron read my entry yesterday and started laughing. Without going into the back and forth conversation we had, I just wanted to take this opportunity to go on record that I'm not a pothead. Just. Sayin'.

I think you now know the bulk of our conversation.

Moving on to today ...

I just saw this on Facebook ...
... and, while that sentiment does often ring very for me, I have to say that the current challenge for tomorrow feels like it's going to be "getting up early to go at all." I'm Friday-pooped!! Nothing bad, nothing out of the ordinary ... just a full week!! And, it's still humid out there, so that's not inticing me at all to want to do anything outside unless I'm in the pool! I also get this kind of don't-want-to-do-this lull right about the time my weekend mileage hits 9 and up, so that's coming in to play, too.

Eh, I've been through it before about a million times, so the run will happen tomorrow morning no matter what. The cool thing is I have a pretty decent track record of having great long runs the day right after feeling this kind of drop in energy, so here's to hoping for more of that!

Even if the run stinks, PC#2 and I still get to cash in our free Coke Rewards coupons!! Hooray! Many-a-run has been mentally fueled by the promise of a cold, Diet Coke at the end! This may be another one!

In the meantime, my mental stamina went to the test today as I worked with PC#2 to make big progress on our shirts for next week! See?!
The front "pocket" placement ...
... and, the back!
The thing is, doing this part was really super-easy, but you know I've been all paranoid about messing them up!! I'm not sure what was so scary about it, but I was on edge for most of the process keeping my fingers crossed that I didn't overheat something or put something in the wrong place or misspell a word ... It's unreal the amount of energy I put into being afraid of the glittery iron-ons, but they didn't get the best of me, and now we have cool shirts! I'm on the fence about adding our mileage ... I wouldn't want to inflict more mental anguish than necessary in my world! (sheesh ...)

With that, I'm off to do some run mapping! We will most definitely see you after the morning run duet!

No comments:

Post a Comment