Monday, June 24, 2013

Dog Days

Doesn't it usually take until August to call the summer weather Dog Days? Whatever, it's here! Bleh!!

I was duped this morning by both the thermometer and seeing the leaves blowing in the trees. The temp was 71, which should feel pretty okay for a run, and the leaves should have indicated a breeze. One step outside, and I knew that hopeful combination was a figment of my imagination! The humidity was already in strong force which totally screws whatever the thermometer ever reads! YUCK! Onward we went, but we took it slow on behalf of my girl Elly and her fur coat. I'm not going to lie, it was a little benefit to have an indisputable excuse to go slower today!

An unexpected perk of having Elly with me was at her first needs-to-be-cleaned-up potty stop because look what I found while inspecting the ground to make sure we left it clean:
The only other out-of-the-ordinary stuff we saw had to do with the number of turtles that didn't make it across the road. Oh, the turtles ... poor critters, they needed us!

Elly spent the majority of her trot running in grass which I assume she was doing because it was full of dew, and it cooled her down. Normally, she's right with me on the concrete, which I prefer to file her nails, but there was no way I was going to require that of her today! While we were out, I decided this was her last run this week given the heat in the forecast. Summer's hit or miss with being able to have her join me; I always hate that time when I realize our runs together are going to be minimal for a while. I especially hate it because I can't explain it to her. *sigh*

Well, in the meantime, we had a good one today regardless of the elements working against us! I even found a penny ... a very, shiny penny!
Elly's all, "Um, I love you and stuff, but it's hot hot hot out!
Let's go hug inside!"
Look close! You can see my finger reflecting in it it's so shiny!

Unlike so many of its soon-to-be friends
in the Food Bank Snoopy Bank, this one
is clean as a whistle! Clearly, it had not
been lingering in the street very long!
By the way, all of that panting allowed for a teeth show-off pic ...
Yeah, baby, them's some pretty chompers!!!
And, then there's this one just because
she's so darned cute!
So, that's three more in the tank for us! By the way, while I got to run outside, PC#2 did her miles inside on the treadmill, and those little furniture sliders under the treadmill were awesome for her!! WAHOO!! Making that easy for her is awesome -- totally deserves it for how committed she is!! (Our medals for next week arrived in the mail today, too!!! Her commitment is about to have a super-fun-blingy pay off!!)

Mind your temperatures whatever you're doing -- keep it safe!! With that, we rest tomorrow!! I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment