Friday, June 21, 2013

Ba-Da-BLING!

Say it with me: HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Are you as stoked it's Friday as I am?! I hope yours is full of whatever makes a great day for you!!

I love my running schedule because every Friday is a REST DAY. A genious schedule if I ever heard one! And, tomorrow is the day for PC#2 and I to run our long runs together!! I'm looking forward to that time together, but tomorrow's run will be a whole different animal than lasts week's. Between the higher temperatures and, worse, the humidity, I'm about to pass along everything I know about running in the heat and doing so safely! We've been so spoiled up 'til now that I am going to need to make a very concerted effort to live by the "just cover the distance" mantra so I can keep an eye on her! It's one thing to know how I'm feeling and to adjust on the fly; it's another entirely to have someone inexperienced and totally relying on your guidance, and I take that crazy seriously! I'm looking forward to this adventure with her, though. We can totally do it!!

So, before I'm off to map our routes, I had to show you the Firework Cupcake Race medal!
Ba-da-BLING!! Thanks Run Find Your Happy Pace!!
The word is that they're in the mail and on the way!! Whee!! Only a few more weeks for that race!! AND, check it out ... there's another virtual run in the works for August or September (which I'll be delaying until October, but it'll still get done!!)!

It's often difficult to stay motivated to run during the time between training periods. Big events totally inspire me, but summer tends to bring about a lag time. So, these virtual runs have been AWESOME keeping me totally inspired to keep on keepin' on!! And, what a fun way to set your own goal, achieve it and be rewarded with something fun?!?! I doubt I'm alone in wanting something to shoot for to give what I'm doing a little umpf in purpose!! I'll let you know when the next event is announced!

And, I just realized last night that I am on total track to hit 800 miles this year! That was my goal for 2012, and I didn't make it. This year? Totally planning to rock through it and then some!! This would not be the case if not for these virtual options because I'm keeping my milage higher to hit goals I'm setting for them. WAHOO!! Oh, internet, you are pretty cool!

In the meantime, enjoy the rest of your Friday! We'll see you after the hot morning run!! (I doubt Elly's going to get to go given the forecast ... Shhhhh ... don't yet tell her ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment