Monday, June 3, 2013

Me, The Hound, and the Sock Monkey

It was up and at it again this morning, and I've figured out that the recent paint project I've taken on around the house is adding to my muscle woes. I have also figured out that years ago, these recent sore muscles would have topped the list of excuses not to go running. Those days are long gone. Now, I own the aches and complain about 'em a bit, but I keep on going!

And, what a great morning it was to get on out there!!
So very pretty out there!! Not a cloud in the sky ... not that you
can tell ...
This morning's almost-60 degrees was very different from yesterday's because, today, there was sun! That made a huge difference but not enough to regret wearning running pants! Pants ... really? It's the beginning of June!! The temps worked out well for me, though, because all of my shorts were in the laundry basket (a task I forgot to do or otherwise mention needed to be done amidst my paint project ... whoops).

The warmer temps were fine for Elly, too, especially now that she's figured out to wander over to the grass and slow down for a little walk break through the cool, dew-covered grass. I have to hand it to her for figuring that out. She earned the smart points for today.
"I am brilliant beyond my brains, mommy ..."
We saw fun things, too, neither of which you've come to expect ...
Bunny-eared sock monkey, anyone?
How about a pause to tickle the ivories?
We wrapped up our miles with two more pennies for the Food Bank ...
... and, with happy thoughts of Rest Day tomorrow!! We'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment