Saturday, June 8, 2013

Big Day!!

It most certainly is a big day but for two very different reasons!! First, today's shout out (also different than any other!) goes to the leader of the Pit Crew, Aaron!! It's our anniversary!!! Whee!!
 
Happy Anniversary to my biggest fan!!

Hey, remember when I read the sign during the Go Girl Half that said, "It's our first anniversary, and she's already running away!"? I thought of that this morning as I headed out to run. Only it's our 17th anniversary. And, he knows I'm coming back. Because I want my Diet Coke. I MEAN because of course I'm coming back!

It was also a big morning because it was the first weekend long run with my virtual race running partner, PC#2! We are running different distances, though, so this run was not long for her. She rebooted her running with a 3-miler, and she can totally kick my can running that distance. But, she had to start somewhere to build up mileage safely, so there you have it. Six for me, three for she (yeah, yeah, the grammar's wrong but it rhymed!), and we were ready to go!
Fresh out of bed and not entirely with it, PC#2 said to me, "So,
you're running 6, and I'm running 3 ... I guess you'll be double
every time we go out." Ummm ... only if you want me to keel
over when you go 8, PC#2 ...
Hey, remember this sad face in the window on Thursday because she thought I was leaving without her?
How do you explain this  from this morning?
Okay, so I eventually turned my back on the window of cuteness, and we took off. Immediately I noticed a spring in PC#2's step that I simply did not have (her math might have been temporarily on hold, but, physically, she was on it). My legs were rather stiff (and, no, I did not really stretch, and, yes, I realize that might have helped), and I knew it would take a good mile or so for my muscles to loosen up. I'm pretty used to that, but I am not used to hanging with someone who is ready to just goooooooo ... unless it's Elly, but she's on a leash. And, I don't think it would be good parenting to put PC#2 on a leash, just sayin'. I said nothing about her continually speeding ahead of me and figured she'd catch on that she either slows her pace a bit, or this run would not be together. She's likely going to have to temper her out-of-the-gate pace pretty soon anyway, so I thought it best to just let her work it all out. Spoiler alert: She did an awesome job figuring out how to partner run. While this isn't our first rodeo, it is the first time that I kept my mouth completely shut and let her draw on what she's been taught about the topic. She earned a big, fat A!

The majority of the first mile is a slow and steady incline which did not compliment my sluggish-leg state of being. However, once the incline leveled out, we ran ourselves right past a garage sale. I even ran on to the drive to quickly check out an item.
Garage sales are totally cool. Wait ... most garage sales are
totally cool! The spice rack spinner thing I checked out was
already sold by the time we returned post-shower-and-bagel
time ... oh well. It's always fun to look.
PC#2 was totally into the whimsy of my runs. This is key to running with me if you haven't figured that out. If she were all competitive, I might have to trip her. Oh, wait ... if she were all competitive, I wouldn't be able to catch her. She pointed out all kinds of cool things to look at. I liked this:
Aaron and Elly were there to meet us at the split ...
There's Elly anxiously waiting!
... where PC#2 and they walked home while I went on my way for another three. But, not before a victory pic!
Super awesome twosome!!
The last three miles felt physically better than the first three. That's totally how it goes sometimes, so when you're feeling weary at the beginning of something, don't stop!! Besides, I found two more pennies on those miles to add to the one I found in the first! Whee!!

Tomorrow, we rest!! I also have Part Two of today to share ... yeah, you didn't know there was a Part Two, but there is! I'll see you then and tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment