Friday, June 7, 2013

Sounds Like Me

I just mapped out the routes for PC#2 and for myself for tomorrow's runs, and I got to thinking about how this running thing has progressively crept into the norm of our family for all of us in some capacity. Then I got to thinking about how I've mentioned a couple of times -- usually after finishing a long-term feat -- that 'whoever it was' that just finished that run is not the person Aaron married.

Then I got to thinking that that statement is completely untrue.

On the surface, it's true. Aaron did not marry a runner. I barely even knew any runners. I whole-heartedly proclaimed I hated running. It seemed boring. And, I was pretty sure I wouldn't be any good at it anyway. So, that I now run when I used to avoid it like the plague it seemed makes that statement true.

But, there's more to it than that. In fact, as a runner, I am exactly who I've always been:
Goal Setter. Realistic. Not Terribly Worried About Others' Opinions When They're Not Asked. Committed. Critical Thinker/Honest With Self. Realistic. Quite Patient. Focused. Not Afraid Of Nor Turned Off By Emotions. Support Seeker. Self Cheerleader. Works To Make Something More Fun Than It Seems. Or Is. Did I Mention Realistic.

The biggest thing that has changed about me over these running years is my desire to own more than one pair of sneakers at a time. For real. The other stuff was already there. I just had to draw it out and reapply it to running.
The next reapplication comes tomorrow morning! So, I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment