Thursday, June 20, 2013

Over It

Elly here ... and, boy do I have a beef or two. Check this out ...

First, I did not get a shout out for reaching my 200th mile run with mommy!! It happened on Monday. It came, it went. That was all. What?! I think it warranted a little hoot-n-holler! Allow me to toot my own horn ... Aaarrrooooooooooooo !!!!

Was that all? Umm ... noooooo ... evidently, the way you celebrate such things is to be taken to the dog doctor, abandonded and have your teeth cleaned!! Yeah, that's where I was yesterday! (Did you miss me?) Do you know they call teeth cleaning a surgery on a dog? Yeah, a surgery ! That's scary for a puppy!! I have to get my teeth cleaned about every 18 months which seems to be the payback for my not chewing up anything. Nice!

And, did I mention that appointment was on a day I could have been running?!

AND, not only did I not get to run yesterday (and not eat all day and only get ice chips to lick instead of water for the rest of the day and have to take yucky post-surgery medicine), but I didn't get to run today!! I'm supposed to rest. I'm a hound! I rest all. the. time!! You'd think for the few minutes a day that I want to be active, that would be encouraged. Seems not!

I didn't even realize until this morning  that I would be left behind on this run. The realization was really sad!
"Wait ... what??? I'm not going?"
"I'm so sad that I'm not even sneering at the kitty ..."
Mommy came home from her short run (yeah, a short run ... short!! I couldn't even come on a short run!!) reporting it was easy. 'Scuse me, but is that ever  the report when I'm with her? I think not. It's always how I had to stop so many times  or how I wanted to go this way instead of that  way and how many times she had to sigh  at me ...

I really didn't want the post-run report.
"I don't want to hear it, and I can't look at you, mommy."
"Seriously, I'm not looking. Stop with the
camera. Stop it!"
I have to admit, thought, that I got a whole lotta huggin' when I was picked up yesterday from my sur-ger-y. I think I was hugged so much because I was such an over-achiever -- the surgeon's report was that there was Excessive Plaque. Excessive. That's big! Go big or go home, right?! And, I required No Extractions. I don't know what that means, but it has to be good, and that means I rule. And, it prompted extra hugs.

And, come to think of it, I got a lot of hugs this morning, too. I think mommy felt bad leaving me behind. Hmmm ... perhaps I should rethink my indignant stance. Besides, I do want to go again, and if I'm all full of 'tude, I might get left behind.

Huh. Well, after some thinking, I'm over it -- Over the oversight of the shout out, over the abandonment, over the being ditched. A trainer can't bail on her protoge, anyway, can she? I'm no quitter; I'm in it for the long haul. Mommy needs me.

With a smile of my newly pearly whites ...
Unless I'm in full-on pant, that's the best
these hound lips can do! I'm awesome like
that!
... I leave you with happy thoughts for the rest of your day, and mommy and I will check in tomorrow from Rest Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment