Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Staying Power

Oh my gosh, I have to share this with you:
Outstanding!!
HAHAHA!! For all of the complaining I do about the treadmill, I had to share this from the Run Hard - Always Finish Facebook page!!

On this Rest Day, I saw nothing of the treadmill (hooray!). And, while I did not run, I did mow the lawn. Yesterday afternoon, given the way I was feeling at that time, I swore to myself I would not mow today. I was quite adamant with myself. Then, I woke up today feeling all kinds of better, and it seemed like the thing to do! I credit my running with why I wasn't the least bit tired after mowing, too. See? This running thing is totally good for something!

In fact, it's good for a lot. It's good for how I feel about myself. It's good for setting and achieving goals. It's been good for my physical and mental well being. And, especially as of late, it's been good for some arts and crafts (heehee). To that point, check out the mile markers Aaron and PC#3 have started to put together for next week's Virtual Firework Cupcake Run! (NEXT WEEK!!)
They'll be individually cut out (cute!!!) with purple marking my
milage and pink marking PC#2's!! Awesome!! I wanna lick 'em!
But, I'll just wait for the real deals the boys are making us!
How rooty-toot-cute are those ?!?! And, tonight, provided I stay awake long enough to do so (totally not kidding), PC#2 and I start work on our shirts!! Fabulous!

Whatever activity you take on -- make it yours!! That's what gives it staying power!!

Amist the funnies and the crafting I've wrapped around this activity, though, I can't forget to map a route for tomorrow's run! The weekday runs have kicked up a notch, and I'm craving some new routes. So, I'm off to do some mapping, and I'll see you after knocking out the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment