Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Streak

Do you see what I saw?
Um ... that was not in any forecast at all!! You know ... like
the one I watched about 15 minutes ago!!!
That's right ... it was raining!
Where did that come from?!
"What are you doing out there without me, mommy??"
I stood outside for a minute or two in a wee bit of disbelief. I pondered pulling out the treadmill, but that just wasn't going to happen. This was just a shower, and I was determined to run outside. I even thought about the storm I just ran in that last Half; it was kind of nice to have that to draw from, you know? Let's see ... light, little shower ... downpour with thunder and lightening. I think I'm good with the shower! Besides, tomorrow is a Rest Day, so if my shoes got wet, they had a day to dry. Inside was not an option today!

A shower doesn't register to Elly until she's out in it, so she was totally ready to go. Well, she was totally ready after I got  her ready:
Something different? That's right ... the
girl is naked. No bandanas in the rain!
"Enough of the naked pictures, mommy!
Let's gooooooooooo !!!!"
Today was just a two-miler (Yeah!!! We're back to those Thursdays for a few weeks! Or for even one more week, but I'll enjoy while they're here!), and the shower lasted the duration. I just didn't care. I'll take a run like that over the dreadmill any day!!

Elly didn't seem to mind streaking through our route, either.
"I just want to be with you, mommy."
"Ummm ... can I get dressed, please?"
With that, the short runs are logged for the week, and I'm ready for Saturday's 6! But, not until after enjoying tomorrow's Rest Day, so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment