Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just Be Happy

First thing this morning, I received a message from Mary Kate, our virtual running partner, letting me know she received the little prize we mailed her over the weekend. So, now I can reveal!
It was a "we're doing this together but apart" prize! Wahoo!!
Each of us has a coupon for a super-awesome cold Coke product, and you know how much I love Diet Coke! Mary Kate does, too! PC#2 ... not so much a fan, but there will be something yummy for her. Besides ... it's cold and free!! Wheeeeeee!! I'll post pics when we've all redeemed our freebies!!

About this virtual running thing ... it's awesome! When I first read about it, I totally thought it was weird while I was simultaneously completely intrigued! And, now that we're in it, I am loving it! It's fun to create this plan and make it exactly how we want to do it. It's fun to share beverages long distance! It's fun to incorporate arts and crafts (mile markers, anyone?!) into running! It's fun to think of ways to celebrate! And, it's totally fun to have three people and three goals all aiming for the same ultimate goal!

No one ever told me that running could and should be fun. Did they tell you ?! Running talk was always about how difficult it is and how tired it can make you feel and how fast you're supposed to be. To that, I simply repeat what I found on the I Love To Run Facebook page:
I think that about sums it up! Be Happy whatever you are doing with your day, and I'll check in after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment