Wednesday, April 3, 2013

So Very Close!

I cannot believe it's April, and I still need to keep my long sleeves and pants within reach to go run! It's almost to the point that layers aren't required, but we're not yet there! Shoot, there's still ice to avoid in some places!! See?!
Even my saucy shoes aren't going to save
me from falling on my can there!
Ice ... no money ... what the heck?! Oh, and let's add to the list one really obnoxious dog ...
"Obnoxious? ME? Do you know all of the investigating we
could do if you weren't so let's-keep-going-this-way? Okay,
then I call YOU unadventurous. Take that!" I told you, the girl
can sass.
Because my schedule tomorrow is what it is, and I need to crank out my run so as to get on with my day, Elly will not be joining me (shhhhhh ... really don't want to deal with that disappointment right now!). So, this was her last training run before the Half!! She was so very proud to be a part of yet another long-term goal adventure. Check out how proud she is:
Elly's all, "I'm sexy and I know it ..." She digs my current play
list and jams to it in the car.
It's hard to believe the run is just a few days away and that I'm so strongly considering turning it around to do another in a few months. (That conjunction-junction has a particularly big function -- a 13.1 mile function!!) Four years ago, I never would have thought this possible. Shoot, four years ago, I never would have bought my awesome pink-so-hot-it-screams-in-your-face shoes! Things change, and change turns out to be good.

One more short jaunt for the week! I'd say I'm looking forward to it, but the day's been long and tiring enough that that would be a lie! I know I'll do it no matter my mood; that's all that matters!

Go forth with what you know is right and good, and I'll see you after the morning run!

No comments:

Post a Comment